By Paul Groves on 03/07/15 at 5:17 pm
Triathlon Flanders is recruiting for a high performance coach - team manager (HPC-TM) to support sustainable international success towards the 2016 Rio and 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
The Flemish Triathlon & Duathlon Ligue (VTDL) is the governing body for Triathlon and multisport in Flanders (Belgium) and is owner of a High Performance Program with a vision to support a high performance environment that produces athletes who can deliver top 8 (and ultimately podium) performances in Olympic Games and major international events.
The HPC-TM organizes, supports and coaches the WTS, European Championships, World Championships and Major Games race program of U23 and elite athletes in collaboration with the personal coaches of these athletes. The HPC-TM supports the youth development coaches via coach-the-coach programs.
The HPC-TM works under supervision of the High performance director (HPD) primarily based at the FTDL office in Leuven. Domestic and international travel are both required for this position.
- Has minimal 3 years experience as a coach in a high performance environment
- Has a strong organizational talent
- Is willing to learn and looks actively to valuable information to increase his/her knowledge and success
- Has a broad network in international triathlon (ITU) or has the talent to build this network in a short period of time
- Has a solid understanding of high performance triathlon (ITU) or can acquire this skill in a short period of time
- Is performance driven
- Can cope with the pressure inherent to this job
- Can bring his/her enthusiasm to colleagues and athletes and inspire them to perform at their best
- Speaks and writes English fluently
Applications should be sent to Secretary-General, Stefaan Depaepe (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midday on Monday July 27th 2015, including cover letter addressing the key points of experience and a current CV. Interviews are anticipated to take place during the week beginning Monday August 3rd 2015. Further enquiries for information on this position are welcome and could be forwarded to the High Performance Director, Reinout Van Schuylenbergh (email@example.com).