Our Anti-doping Education is aimed at, but not limited to, all levels of coaches and support personnel, elite teams - junior and senior, and age group athletes training and competing in events.
The main message is about is pretty simple "Strict Liability"
ie "You (athlete) are solely responsible for any banned substance you use, attempt to use, or is found in your system regardless of how it got there and whether there was an intention to cheat or not".
The main aim is to educate members, clubs, coaches and athletes to be aware about Clean Sport, to promote it and to avoid any inadvertent doping.
The WADA Code
The World Anti-Doping Code is the document that brings consistency to anti-doping rules, regulations and policies worldwide.
The prohibited List
The WADA Prohibited List - changes every year - this year on 1/1/17- Important to recheck anything that you/an athlete takes every time.
Updated annually, the List identifies the substances and methods prohibited to athletes in- and out-of-competition
CoachTrue is a computer-based anti-doping learning tool made to cater to the various learning styles and demanding schedules of coaches.
Play True Generation
The Play True Generation Program encourages young athletes, their coaches and support personnel to be leaders in promoting and ensuring clean sport. It is a generation that believes that clean sport is one of the fairest and most powerful tools for positive change and growth – one that embraces fair play and respect
Look at the WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) online education resource.
- Coach’s Tool Kit - The Coach’s Tool Kit provides anti-doping organizations, coaching associations and universities with material that can be integrated directly into existing coach education curriculum or used as a stand-alone workshop
- Program Officer’s Tool Kit - As with a real ''tool kit,'' the material contained in the Program Officer’s Tool Kit is intended to provide the tools needed to build an anti-doping education program.
- Teacher’s Tool Kit - The Teacher’s Tool Kit contains a series of lesson plans and activity ideas that can be used by teachers to educate young people about the issue of doping in sport in the formal education system.
- Play True Quiz Handouts
- Sport Physician's Tool Kit - As with a real ''tool kit'', the material contained in the Sport Physician’s tool kit is intended to help sport physicians develop anti-doping education programs which can be adapted and customized to suit local cultures, conditions and resources.
- Doping Control Officer’s (DCO) Training Tool Kit - The Doping Control Officer Training Tool Kit is intended to assist anti-doping organizations (ADOs) with the training of doping control officers (DCOs).
- Sport Physician’s tool kit - Online version - The material contained in the Sport Physician’s tool kit (SPTK) is intended to help sport physicians develop anti-doping education programs which can be adapted and customized to suit local cultures, conditions and resources
Additional Clean Sport Important links
- Checking your medication You can download the app "Medication Checker" on your smartphone which is easy to use and available for iphone and android for Eipharm Apple iTunes Store / Google PlayMedication Checker links to the Drugs in Sport Database on http://www.eirpharm.com or web optimized for NI/UK on Globaldro.com
- What happens to an athlete during a test - a video from Sport Ireland (video 1.4 minutes)
- Supplements _ follow this link to see what supplements have been accredited (Informed Sport link )